CHANGES BETWEEN 2.4.10 and 2.4.11
I. IMPORTANT BUG FIXES
- Some vulnerabilities in the BDF implementation have been fixed.
Users of this font format should upgrade.
II. IMPORTANT CHANGES
- Subpixel hinting support has been contributed by Infinality,
based on Greg Hitchcock's whitepaper at
Originally, it was a separate patch available from
and which has been integrated.
Note that ClearType support is not completely implemented! In
particular, full support for the options `compatible_widths',
`symmetrical_smoothing, and `bgr' (via the GETINFO bytecode
instruction) is missing.
Activation of subpixel hinting support can be controlled with
the `TT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_HINTING' configuration option; it
is switched off by default. This feature is still experimental;
we welcome test reports!
- Support for OpenType collections (OTC) has been added.
- Pure CFF fonts within an SFNT wrapper are now supported.
- Minor rendering improvements to the auto-hinter.
- `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique' now uses a shear angle of 12°.
- Experimental support to handle `property modules', for example
to control the behaviour of the auto-hinter. The API consists
of two new functions, `FT_Property_Set' and `FT_Property_Get'.
The code is still subject to change and should not be used for
- The `ftdiff' demo program now supports UTF-8 encoded input files
for option `-f'.
- Using keys `r' and `R', you can now adjust the stroker radius in
the `ftview' demo program.
- Other, minor fixes and improvements.